£12.14 - £15 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
16 days ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Accounts Payable Clerk to join our busy offices based in Wembley on a temporary basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 36 hours per week, at £12.14 p/h PAYE.
As the Accounts Payable Clerk, your main duties will include:
- To administer procure to pay processes including: purchase Order and Invoice Management, transaction processing - for non-invoiced expenditure.
- To handle enquiries across all channels including those received through but not limited to Hornbill, email, telephone and post.
- To validate and check high value and sample payments prior to the release of the payment run.
- To administer the creation of manual cheques prior to the approval of a Senior Manager.
- Support the Senior AP officers to work with service areas to comply with procure to pay processes so as prevent delays in payments being made and minimise the level of manual intervention required to release payments ( including invoice holds and retrospective purchase orders).
- Provide a high level of customer service to suppliers and internal stakeholders at all times, taking action to ensure that payments are made within specified target times and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To inspect payment holds and take action to release these in order to allow inclusion on payment runs.
- To identify areas of risk which the council should consider to aid the prevention of fraud with any transactions
- To contribute to the overall success of the Accounts Payable team, supporting team members.
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults.
To be successful for this Accounts Payable Clerk post you will need to have:
Knowledge of procuring to pay processes and the administration of Accounts Payable and how this impacts on other Finance teams and the Council
Understanding of control frameworks to be operated in managing complex, high-value and high-volume financial transactions
Experience of working within a large and complex finance function
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.