£14.24 - £14.95 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking an Accountant Technician on the initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference. Our values are outlined in our Ways of Working and our Guiding Principles and if they reflect how you are and how you work then this could be the role that meets your expectations.
Duties And Responsibilities-
- This role reports to either the Group Accountant, the Senior Accountant or to an Accountant. This role will deputise for Accountant as necessary.
- The purpose of the role is to provide support to the above to enable them to deliver high quality financial management, professional advice and accountancy services to the Strategic Directors, Heads of Service, Members and other key stakeholders via the Finance Manager.
- The role will assist in providing analysis and support for a wide range of tasks, including a range of financial and contractual issues, interpreting legislation and applying financial regulations and codes of practice.
- This role will play an important role in supporting the identifying cost and efficiency savings. They will assist other team members in driving the budget process for the Directorate. This person will be involved in budget monitoring and forecasting, preparation of the final accounts and statutory financial statements and providing other financial analysis as requested.
Skills and Experience-
- This person needs to be a qualified Accounting Technician or CCAB equivalent.
- Have the ability to form good relationships & provide a first class service.
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, including senior officers.
- Have the ability to get on well with colleagues & team members.
- Have experience of and the skills needed to meet deadlines.
- Have knowledge of Local Government Finance.
- Have experience of preparing budgets and be able to assist in the preparation of monthly budget monitoring reports.
- Have experience of the preparation of monthly accounts, financial monitoring and final annual accounts.
- Be aware of the tools used to appraise and evaluating the financial implications of projects and proposals using accounting techniques and be able to prepare simple financial appraisals for onward review.
- Have proven experience in successfully developing and maintaining financial models.
- Be computer literate - have a high standard of spreadsheet skills and be proficient in the use of Word, Outlook etc plus the ability to use financial information systems such as Oracle & if possible large databases such as the Northgate Housing Systems.
- Have good organisational skills and be able to prioritise work & concentrate time on the most important matters to meet key deadlines.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of customer care, equalities & Health & Safety
- Be able to withstand pressure of work at key times of the year.
- Have the flexibility to change with the changing demands on Financial Services.
- Have a willingness to learn
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.