£250 - £262.5 per day
about 1 year ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant - Process Review Projects to join our clients offices based in Newbury on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Accountant - Process Review Projects, your main duties will include:
- Full review, documentation and critical assessment (including recommended corrective actions where appropriate) of Sovereign's Balance Sheet controls, governance and reconciliation practices.
- Prepare closure roadmaps for all of the legacy entities that we intend to dissolve (milestones/timetables/accounting and tax considerations etc.).
- Full review and documentation of all accounting practices undertaken by the Development Finance team.
- Full review and documentation of Sovereign's current Value for Money (VfM) reporting output and Regulatory obligations.
- Full review, documentation and recommendation for alternate approach to constructing the management accounts cash flow.
To be successful for this Accountant - Process Review Projects post you will need to have:
- Proven track record of working in a technical accounting capacity delivering comprehensive reporting outputs, including detailed report writing and analysis.
- Previous experience in process review projects, including preparing flowcharts, documentation and recommendations for improvement, would be highly advantageous.
- Previous employment in a financial accounting or audit role would be highly advantageous.
- Proven track record of working effectively in a fast paced client driven environment.
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of the principles of both management and financial accounting.
- Qualified Accountant, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent post graduate accounting qualification.
- Knowledge of Agresso accounting system advantageous but not essential.
- Highly numerate and computer literate with strong Microsoft skills covering Word and Excel
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.