Up to £180 per day
28 days ago
8 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant on a temporary basis for 8 months+ with the possibility of an extension with the local authorities in Cambridge. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time from home.
As the Accountant, your main duties will include:
- Provide guidance to Senior Responsible Officers and budget holders on the application and implementation of Financial Standing Orders, Financial Management arrangements, and effective financial controls.
- The key generic financial tasks of the post are (dependant on the service unit/service area):
- Contribute to the development of the Council's Medium Term Financial Plan and the preparation of associated plans leading to improved forward planning
- Budgeting (revenue and capital)
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Statutory Accounts preparation
- Costing and financial appraisal for projects
- Treasury management
- Evaluate financial, time recording and other statistical information and calculate recharges of services in accordance with appropriate accounting principles. In addition, advise on pricing/trading account issues.
Skills and Experience:
- CCAB qualified accountant with proven experience of successfully managing and delivering similar roles.
- Excellent IT skills. Experienced user of Microsoft Word and Excel and other packages to support commissioning work.
- Financial Modelling.
- Local authority accounting
- Use of FMS systems & office applications, including Oracle Financials and Business Objects.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.