(PAYE or Umbrella Company)
about 1 month ago
A 2 months+ opportunity for an Accountant has arisen within the local authorities in Berkshire.
To undertake accounting, budgetary control and financial administration duties in respect of the Capital Programme and Fixed Assets. This involves providing financial advice and information to assist managers in the delivery of the agreed Council Capital Programme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting Council Services in the monitoring and reporting of Capital projects, including the analysis and investigation of variances and, through discussions and meetings with Service Managers, the preparation of the quarterly Capital monitoring report detailing the progress of Capital projects inclusive of the outturn summary and other standing capital performance plans and reports. As appropriate, influence Service Managers to take any relevant corrective actions
- Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of designated Capital holding account.
- Liaise with and support the Assistant Accountant in maintaining a complete and accurate Fixed Assets Register and accounting system ledger, verifying the accuracy of all accounting entries processed
- Significant involvement with the improvement of financial systems and controls, developing and implementing appropriate changes
- To liaise closely with the Senior Accountant who will determine the areas of work to be undertaken by the team.
- Undertaking AAT Level 3 or above or already a qualified Accounting Technician or equivalent (evidence required), or qualified by experience
- 3 years of experience in an accounting environment, preferably within Local Government
- Understanding of the accounting principles relating to Capital/Fixed Assets
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, specifically Excel
- Must have experience of working with accounting systems (Agresso preferred) and be able to demonstrate excellent analytical skills
- Experience of undertaking data reconciliations
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.