£13.99 - £14.99 per hour
about 1 month ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant to join our client's offices based in Bournemouth on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working part-time, 20 hours per week at £13.99 p/h PAYE.
As the Accountant, your main duties will include:
- To provide support and assistance to the appropriate finance manager (service area based or corporate and technical) in delivering a comprehensive financial accounting, management information and advisory service to elected members, the Council's Senior Management Team, Senior Responsible Officers and budget holders in either a specific council service area or the corporate centre.
- To support the Council's Chief Finance Officer (CFO) discharge their responsibility for the proper administration of the financial affairs of the authority.
- To optimise the financial resources available to the Council in support of the financial health of the organisation and in doing so facilitate service delivery.
To be successful for this Accountant post you will need to have:
- Qualification form membership of the Association of Accounting Technicians Level 2 or above.
- Provision of financial advice to managers of various levels
- Budget preparation
- Closure of accounts
- Monitoring statements, budgetary control and variance analysis
- Costing exercises
- Experience in the use of ICT systems relating to finance
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.