North Warwickshire, Warwickshire
£11.00 - £13.00 per hour
18 days ago
Our Client is Currently seeking for an Experienced Accountantancy assistant to work for our local council,
The applicant must have the below experience in order to move forward in the application.
Overall Job Purpose:To assist the Financial Accountant in supporting all operational functions within Financial Accountancy, in order to meet the agreed objectives and targets of the section.
Scope of the role:
- Ensure that all tasks are completed to a timetable agreed with the Financial Accountant and bring to their attention any matters that affect the attainment of the timetable.
- To ensure that secure processes are in place to reconcile monies received to agreed financial standards.
- To ensure that daily takings are recorded and balanced to the standards as required by the Financial Accountant and input and update information using the online cash receipting system ensuring reconciliation of all monies on a daily basis.
- To produce statistical information in the required format for banking tenders and government returns, as well as for internal use.
- Test all new software releases in relation to the cash receipting system and assist the operational managers to recommend/support any changes necessary to working practices and procedures and testing in relation to other revenue related systems, e.g. FMS and housing systems.
- Liaise with Information Services to ensure that there is a minimum amount of downtime in relation to systems.
- Attend user groups and internal working groups on behalf of the division as required.
- Deal with enquiries on balances of sundry debtor accounts, as well as any contentious queries from members of the public in relation to banking and cash issues.
- Control the Council Tax / NDR Suspense Accounts.
- Control the Giro Bank accounts and ensure internal controls to transfer monies and reconciliations are maintained.
- Control the receipts to the Collection Fund (bank account) and ensure internal transfer of monies out and reconciliations
- are maintained.
- Control the recording, presentation and reconciliation of dishonoured Post Office cheques.
- Report any cases of suspected fraud or financial irregularity to the financial Accountant.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of banking systems and internal audit requirements and a working knowledge of Council Tax and NDR.
- Organise and where appropriate train staff in the use of the cash receipting system, as well as current practices and procedures in the area of cash reconciliation.
- Assist the Financial Accountant in implementing new initiatives, systems and testing and ensuring best practice is adopted and recorded.
- To undertake personal development commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the job.
- To be aware of Health and Safety legislation and, so far as is reasonably practicable, ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, and the Council's Safety Policy.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as may be required by the Financial Accountant from time to time, including one-off projects.
Must have previous experience
must be up to Alevel/HND or Degree level qualified
If you are interested in this position - please get in touch on: 02038902797
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.