£18.63 - £19.56 per hour
11 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accommodation Project Mgr to join our clients offices based in Bedford on a temporary contract basis for 6 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Accommodation Project Mgr, your main duties will include:
- Give technical advice and guidance, support and training to colleagues to ensure that performance objectives are achieved, team work is effective, colleagues are supported the team is technically capable and technical work is carried out satisfactorily.
- If relevant: allocate and check the work of colleagues in same service areas.
- Where relevant organise and control the work and budget of teams in specialist areas, to achieve Council targets and standards and to co-ordinate the contribution of expertise.
- Develop innovative solutions to technical issues ensuring that appropriate solutions are proposed and successfully implemented. Consult on issues with wider implications whilst adhering to service regulations and codes of practice.
- Influence and input to the preparation of plans and budgets for services, taking account of external developments and priorities. Ensure that work is completed to set time scales.
- Contribute to the development of and implement and monitor policies and procedures in own specialist areas ensuring they are up to date, relevant and useful. Interpret the latest legislation, regulations and codes of practice and ensure they are applied consistently.
- Provide expert advice to customers and partners on major issues in own specialist areas. Ensuring that effective customer relationships are established and maintained, advice is prompt and useful and the Council is aware of implications, risks and benefits.
To be successful for this Accommodation Project Mgr post you will need to have:
- You will be professionally qualified and hold a relevant degree or postgraduate qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- You will have relevant practical experience, demonstrating proven management ability if relevant.
- You will motivate staff to achieve organisational objectives and successful technical outcomes
- You will demonstrate in depth knowledge of service specific and professional issues.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of software packages and in house and systems.
- You will be able to persuade others and influence outcomes critical to the organisation.
- You will have experience of planning and progressing work activities within general professional guidelines or organisational policy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including report writing and explanation of technical information to non technical audiences
- If relevant: you will have financial experience or training sufficient to manage budgets.
- Able to demonstrate the Council's values and behaviours.
- A drive and passion for continuous improvement in Facilities Accommodation services for the Council estate
- Able to motivate & work effectively as part of a team, providing impartial advice to others, handling conflicting requests, ability to deal with and show empathy in awkward situations
- An understanding of space planning techniques, best practice and tools e.g. blocking, stacking & adjacency diagrams
- Degree in architectural design or equivalent building related qualification.
- Evidence of Auto-cad training e.g. CAD City & Guilds Level 2 and the technical/design ability to deliver space planning or architecture designs skills
- Experience of office furniture purchasing & fit-outs - Desirable
- Good influencing and negotiation skills & customer focussed approach, able to present proposals and achieve/negotiate resolutions to conflicting viewpoints at all levels of the organisation
- Good numeracy skills and experience of working within budgets
- Good problem solving and analytical skills to assess accommodation needs and solutions for both the short and long term. Able to forward plan and organise resources to effectively achieve project implementation dates and budgets
- Good written communication skills to write and update manuals for use by building occupants throughout the estate, prepare technical reports, specifications and instructions
- IWFM qualifications with relevant modules e.g. Level 3 Space Allocation in Current Facilities; Level 4 Understanding the Business Organisation and its Impact on FM or Managing Customer Service in FM; Level 5 Space Planning for Facilities Managers or Project Management modules - Desirable
- Knowledge of legislation affecting buildings
- Member of a related professional body such as the British Institute of Facilities Management, minimum level 4 (or an equivalent level and breadth of experience)
- Membership of a Professional Body e.g. RIBA, IWFM, RICS or BAR - Desirable
- Post qualification experience with a proven successful track record of delivering accommodation/project/space planning services ideally in a local government or similar complex organisation
- Project management or related qualification - Desirable
- Understanding of and the ability to learn IT systems such as CAFM and BIM - Desirable
37 hours per week
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.