St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Up to £10.48 per hour
9 months ago
Our client is seeking an Accommodation Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £10.48 p/h PAYE.
The post holder will ensure that of communal areas and void units of temporary accommodation are cleaned to an acceptable standard and will carry out occupancy and health and safety checks as required by the Housing Support Team Leader.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring temporary accommodation units comply with any Health & Safety regulations that may apply including ensuring fire alarm and fire extinguisher checks are carried out on a weekly basis.
- Inspect void units and pass void works list onto the void surveyor. Liaise with contractors to ensure prompt void turnaround in accordance with targets.
- To monitor the occupancy of temporary accommodation and bring to the managers attention by making a file note of any concerns
- To follow safeguarding procedures and to report incidents of suspected abuse or neglect of children or vulnerable adults to the Community Protection Team
Skills and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent or would be willing to consider a candidate with relevant work experience
- Full Valid Driving Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety practices including COSHH
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with a range of vulnerable clients
- Knowledge of data protection legislation and how it is applied in the public sector
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.